It is the desire of Valley Mills Christian Church to make a positive impact on our local community and help people cope with brokenness and rough patches that they face in their lives. Jesus walked among the people, meeting them where they were and helping them along the way. We hope to use the gifts God has given us to help others find hope where they currently feel despair. We want to walk alongside others as they face difficult times, and help them find solutions and healing to bring them to a place in their lives where they can experience the joy that is available to every one of us! ( James 1: 2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.)
- 12-STEP FAITH-BASED ADDICTIONS MINISTRY–meets on THURSDAYS 6:30 PM–anyone struggling with any type of addiction welcome!
- PARENTS OF ADDICTED LOVED ONES (PAL)–several groups meet in the Indianapolis area; a list of local groups can be found here.
- INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY COUNSELING SERVICES–limited availability by appointment–$40 co-pay due at time of service
Who We Are?
Licensed Clinical Social Work Counseling & Assistance: We have a part-time staff member who is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). She is able to offer limited short-term services and/or coordination/referrals for behavioral health and addictions needs, assistance with psycho-social needs, crisis intervention, and time-limited case management assistance for navigating complex medical and benefits systems that can feel overwhelming, including elder care resources. Social work services may be consulted by calling the church office on Tuesdays (only) at 317-856-3766, or by emailing robinpaul@
Robin Paul, MSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Board Certified Pastoral Counseling Services: Valley Mills Christian Church collaborates with a Board Certified Pastoral Counselor to offer onsite appointments on Wednesday afternoons at the church at the subsidized counseling rate. Dr. Nolan manages his own appointment schedule; please contact him directly at 765-676-5310 to schedule. This is a ministry-subsidized program available to members and regular attenders of the church for a reduced rate of $40 per hour of services as a co-pay. Community members may also access these services for the full session fee of $80 per session.
All individual/couples/family counseling sessions are confidential with the following exceptions:
- Licensed mental health professionals may break confidentiality in some circumstances. The most common includes when a client is a threat to himself/herself or others, in which case a therapist must notify the person in danger or notify someone who can keep the client safe.
- Licensed mental health professionals have a duty to protect vulnerable populations and must report any information they receive about abuse or neglect to a minor or other vulnerable population group.
Length of appointment
- Appointments are scheduled for one hour, but time spent in counseling is around fifty minutes (50) per session. This allows the counselor documentation and administrative time related to the treatment session.
- Valley of Hope counseling is a subsidized ministry of Valley Mills Christian Church. Each session costs the individual or family (for regular attenders/members of the church ) $40 payable before the session ensues (average cost of a one-hour counseling session in Indiana is $125). Non-attenders may request counseling but will be responsible for the full session fee ($80 per session).
- At this time, we do not bill insurance companies.
- Counseling sessions are generally scheduled in advance. If a client needs to cancel or reschedule a scheduled appointment, a minimum of 24 hours’ notice is requested. Sessions not cancelled with a 24-hour notice will be assessed the $40 session fee.
- Counseling sessions are time-limited, and often scheduled back-to-back. Clients arriving late for their scheduled sessions will only be seen for the remaining time left in their allocated session period. This policy protects the time of other clients as well.
- Counselors are unable to accept social media requests from clients or to communicate about case information via social media platforms.
- Email is the preferred communication method regarding scheduling or rescheduling of appointments. Please talk with your assigned counselor about the best method of communication between appointments.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call 1-800-273-8255 or 911.